The staff attorney will concurrently manage numerous active cases while ensuring that all deadlines are met, procedures are followed, and each case progresses in an efficient manner.
Essential Duties May Include:Working with other attorneys and project managers within our team, you will lead the day-to-day legal strategy of a portion of Griswold Law’s receivership and partition assignments, which includes:
- Attending Court hearings on behalf of the appointed Receiver;
- Drafting motions, status reports, ex parte applications and other documents to be filed with the Court;
- Acting as the primary point of contact for counsel, vendors, third party stakeholders, and other parties
- Drafting receivership, real estate, finance and business transactional documents;
- Attending and leading property inspections, business takeovers and site visits, as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience Needed:
A successful staff attorney must be able to step outside his or her comfort zone to take on many roles, from courtroom litigator to on-site project manager, while remaining levelheaded in high pressure and occasionally unpredictable situations.
The ideal candidate for this position must be a strong communicator, both in writing and orally, and possess the ability to approach challenging situations with empathy. We are looking for individuals who can effectively multi-task and self-manage a roster of cases using foresight and follow-through to bring each project to a successful completion.
- Admitted to practice law in the State of California
- 2+ years of in-court litigation experience
- Proficient legal research skills and familiar working with Westlaw, LexisNexis or a similar research platform
- Experience in real estate, construction, and/or accounting preferred
Please submit a cover letter, resume and 3 references (2 professional; 1 personal) via email to Neil Sheaffer at email@example.com.
Griswold Law’s receivership firm is seeking a Project Manager to manage and lead our portfolio of receivership projects. Our projects entail construction management, asset management, budgeting, and other related responsibilities. The Project Manager will work closely with the Staff Receivers and Operations Team to execute the day-to-day tasks for each project.
The Project Manager will play a pivotal role in leading projects from initiation to closure, ensuring successful project delivery within scope, schedule, budget, and quality constraints. Our ideal candidate is a self-driven team player, who believes that collaboration, both within our team and with external stakeholders, is key to success. A successful Project Manager is someone who takes initiative and consistently drives timelines.
The Project Manager will receive substantial training that will be customized to learning the ins and outs of receiverships while applying their knowledge of project management. As comfort in the role grows, the Project Manager’s role will expand to supervising members of our team.
- Define project scope, goals, and deliverables
- Develop and maintain project plans, schedules, budgets, and resource allocation plans
- Lead project teams, providing guidance, motivation, and support to ensure project success
- Identify and manage project risks and issues, and develop mitigation and contingency plans as necessary
- Monitor project progress and performance, and report on project status to stakeholders
- Ensure successful project delivery within scope, schedule, budget, and quality constraints
- Drive continuous improvement of project management processes and practices